For my free inquiry project, I have chosen to pursue cooking, something that I have always enjoyed and have many strong memories associated with. More specifically, I would like to become familiar with the airfryer (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VVQ59J3/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_5s4yFb0C9PC67) that my family has recently purchased, and how such an appliance can be used as an alternative to a traditional oven, with the goal of determining if it was a worthwhile investment. I feel that this information could be helpful to fellow university students or anyone interested in ways of being creative in the kitchen! My guiding questions include:
- Does an airfyer make cooking more efficient (in terms of time and clean-up)?
- Does an airfyer cook quality (good-tasting) food?
In order to achieve this, I have searched the platform Pinterest and found a variety of recipes including 3 meals, 2 side dishes/appetizers, 2 snacks, and 2 treats that I will be trying over the course of this semester:
- Stuffed peppers – https://temeculablogs.com/air-fryer-stuffed-peppers/
- Seasoned chicken and vegetables – https://gimmedelicious.com/air-fryer-chicken-and-veggies/
- Chicken fajitas – https://littlesunnykitchen.com/air-fryer-chicken-fajitas/
- Buffalo cauliflower bites – https://www.krazykitchenmom.com/air-fryer-buffalo-cauliflower-bites/?ref=fridgg
- Sweet potato fries – https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/air-fryer-sweet-potato-fries/
- Kale chips – https://www.fatherandus.com/air-fryer-kale-chips/
- Apple chips – https://www.myforkinglife.com/air-fryer-apple-chips/
- Smores – https://glamperlife.com/air-fryer-smores/
- Chocolate glazed donuts – https://www.upstateramblings.com/easy-air-fryer-donuts/
Attached below is a pdf showing the breakdown of which recipe I will be trying each week, its source, a general ingredients list, as well as space for a rating, additional comments/notes, and a picture. To elaborate on my method of evaluation, I will give an estimate of how long it took me to successfully make the particular recipe (including the preparation and actual cooking time), the level of clean-up that was required (minimal, moderate, heavy), and the taste itself (bad = 1 star, okay = 2 stars, and good = 3 stars).
Thus, each week I will cook, review, and photograph a recipe, sharing this on my blog and collecting data that I can later use to support my inquiry in a final post. I’m looking forward to documenting my progress!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.